Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP RGS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

i cant get sound out of pro tools ultimate with native card...

useally on avid you can disable the hardware but not in pro tools...

ant ideas?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Shortplay, 

If you play a video (from a browser, for example), can you hear the video on your receiver?  Is the failure only through AVID?

For Sender and Receiver:

• What OS?
  • What is the model of the PC?
  • Is a VM involved?
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

hi

windows 10

hp z 440 

there is no vm 

and yes there is sound from windows 

but the sound from pro tools go to dedicated hardware 

HP Recommended

Hey Shortplay!

Have you tried switching to a software interface like ASIO4ALL (http://www.asio4all.org/)? This will use the internal audio processor instead of the Pro Tools Native card and interface, which should allow RGS to capture and transmit the audio stream.

Let me know whether or not this works for you!

Good luck!

Rick

Rick Hohmann
HP Z Workstation Technical Marketing
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Audio from Windows or a website comes through ZCentral fine.  Once the Pro Tools "Audio Engine" initializes, the audio goes away, then returns when Pro Tools is exited and a disconnect and reconnect of the RGS session.  My Pro Tools system does not audio I/O except for the built in Realtek audio device.

When the ASIO4all driver is installed without the Off-Line settings, audio from any app does not come through RGS.  If the Off-Line settings are installed, audio comes through until Pro Tools is launched or the Off-line settings window is opened.

Please let me know if you have more info.

Thanks,

Paul Holden

HP Recommended

Did anyone get anywhere with this? Have tried the ASIO4all also, but still nothing.

HP Recommended

We used ASIO4ALL, but that alone would not send audio to our remote user. We then had to install VB-Audio Virtual Cable. Pro Tools then uses ASIO4ALL, and under Hardware Setup, open ASIO4ALL and send that audio to VB-Audio Virtual Cable. Then we head over to Manage Audio Device Settings, and under the recording tab, make Cable OUTPUT the default, head in to properties, and tick 'Listen to Device', and in our case, that device is Realtek Digital Output (which is also the default for Playback). Now we can use Pro Tools without it grabbing the audio hardware from other devices as it was, as well as get sound on the receiving machine via HP ZCentral Receiver.

That took way too long to resolve, but I hope this helps someone else along the line.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.