Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Enterprise Evaliuation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a Windows 10 computer with Windows Enterprise Evaluation and the current updates.

My problem is, that RGS 7.7 closes itsselfs directly after the splashscreen.

I cranked up the logging to debug, but the  log stays empty.

I also installed the latest vcredis pakages in x64 and x84 architecture.

Other Machines with the same windows version do run well.

The problem persists after reinstalling the Software.

I also tryed the 7.5 and 7.65 versions.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Check to see if the directory %HOMEPATH%/hpremote  exists and write permissions are enable for the user.  

Is there a Windows Application event log entry for the receiver?

I work on behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

We encountered the same issue. Reinstalling, vcredis packages, NVIDIA driver updates etc...

The real culprit was that the user on the machine had a "ç" in his username and home folder. So RGS receiver died because it wasn't able to read "c:\users\François\hpremote"  . So this issue could probably affect a lot on non-english users.

HP Recommended

Hi Pixel1,

If you think the root cause could be the character issue described by Jasminl, please check your PMs.

I've just messaged you a link for a 7.7 fix for that.

Thanks.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello Becky,

the %HOMEPATH%/hpremote exists and has the right permissions.

The HP-Remote-Viewer does not log antything even when i set the log level to debug in the configurator.

Same for the Windows Application event log... there are only log entrys for the installation.

Anyway i think the problem could caused by an umlaut just as Jasminl sayd, because my profile name got an "ü" inside of it.

But it could be usefull to provide better debug-logging in the future.

HP Recommended

Hi Pixel2,

If you believe the issue is due to an accented character on your username, please check your inbox.

I've sent a message with instructions to download an RGS fix for non-ASCII characters on your %HOMEPATH%

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.