Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G5 / Z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The SpaceMouse is not sending properly when connecting through RDS. Initially it was only zooming and nothing else. When pressing the button to configure, it would show the connected application as the RDS itself. Following information on other threads in this forum, I attempted to create a new registry entry using the VID&PID. I have attempted both the "remote" and the "auto" keywords and neither is connecting as expected. With the "remote" keyword, the device is not seen by the local machine at all. It is also not seen by the remote machine even after plugging and unplugging. With the "auto" keyword, the device lights up, but does not appear to work in either machine. What is my next step?

Registry KeyRegistry Key

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Possibly related: My usb headset w/ mic is also not showing on the remote device.

HP Recommended

Which SpaceMouse are you using?  Are you using a docking station with your ZBook 15 G5, if so what is the model number?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I am not using a docking station with my ZBook. The issue is also not singularly to my ZBook either. My company also has deployed the RGS Receiver to a bunch of Thinkpads as well and all are having the same issue. The Spacemouse in question also vary.

After testing yesterday I was able to determine that our IT department's software center deployed version 7.6 of the RGS software to our machines. A manual install of 7.7 seems to have fixed the issue. This required someone to have physical access to the Sender machine for the reinstall/restart. Is there a way to automate the update to not require physical access? Maybe something that could be scripted to stop the service, update, and then restart the service?

HP Recommended

Glad to hear RGS 7.7 fixed the issue.  You can deploy RGS via RDP, or create a script using our command line installation.  If you use RDP, it will prompt you when you start the RGS installation that it needs to disconnect to complete the installation, go ahead and accept.  I have attached the RGS 7.7 User Guide, review the Installation section at the beginning of the guide.  It covers a default installation which includes Remote USB as local/remote.  If you do a custom or command line installation, make sure you include Remote USB in order to use the SpaceMouse. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.