Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When logging into a unix machine from the mac operating system using RGS Receiver, the tilde key, "~", is mapped into the ">" key. I am using the standard US keyboard layout.

I noticed in another post that there may be a file which fixes this. Can you please provide that file?

Thanks,

Shaun

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What version of RGS are you using?  There were a lot of keyboard changes in 7.6 and then some fixes in 7.6.1.  Are you using the standard US keyboard layout on both sender and reciever?

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi, there

What version of RGS do you have? Does your sender have the same keyboard layout as your receiver?

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I think the version is just 7.7. The keyboard layouts are the same.

Could you please send me this file mentioned here, it was already proven to fix it:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Remote-Graphics-Software-RGS/Using-a-Mac-RGS-translates-the-tilde-k...

Thanks

HP Recommended

So, the file you are referring to was a custom keyboard mapping patch made for RGS 7.6 users, which was then added to RGS 7.7.

If you'd like, one other thing you could try is setting your receiver to use the legacy keyboard mapping mode.

For that, you need to:

1. close the RGS Receiver
  2. edit your receiver config file, located at: /Library/Application Support/HP/rgreceiver/rgreceiverconfig
  3. then, add this property on a new line: Rgreceiver.KeyboardMapMode=1

Thank you.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

The solution was to use the Z Boost software released the other day..

Cheers

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear the issue is not happening anymore.

Enjoy the new features of Remote Boost!

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.