Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 1056 print scan copy
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My 1056 (top of all in one), back says 1050 J410 printer only prints partial pages. Sometimes just one line and other times half a page and stops halfway through printer. Paper just sits there. If I push X button, page flips rest of the way through machine. 

1. It did print a test page when I press color and black buttons. Princes out with errorcode: 00000000

2. When I push power button and X button, a complete page is printed.

3. I have tried all HP helps, including remove both power and usb cable, different usb on computer, service.msc and 

restart spooler, hp doctor with sometimes stalling after recognizing printer.

4. Windows 7, service pack 1 troubleshoot and finds no problems

5. Sometimes "printer box" says "printing" while page is not. Other times it says "error". Sometimes it says "pending".

Right now the box says " Solved: RE: partial page printing and "printing" while nothing is happening.

6. Uninstalled and reinstalled HP program.

Don't know what else to do, check for.

Any and all help appreciated.

Positron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After spending much much time late last night, I finally decided to run an old image backup overnight and see if that would help. (Took much time updating everything, but I learned I should perform more backups.)

After running image backup, the printer works fine this morning. So the problem was in Windows 7, not the HP printer or HP driver. Mysteriously, the check/repair programs in win 7 found no problem, but concluded all was ok.

My apology for falsely assuming the problem was in the printer, driver.

posi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After spending much much time late last night, I finally decided to run an old image backup overnight and see if that would help. (Took much time updating everything, but I learned I should perform more backups.)

After running image backup, the printer works fine this morning. So the problem was in Windows 7, not the HP printer or HP driver. Mysteriously, the check/repair programs in win 7 found no problem, but concluded all was ok.

My apology for falsely assuming the problem was in the printer, driver.

posi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.