11-19-2019 04:19 PM - edited 11-19-2019 04:21 PM
My 1056 (top of all in one), back says 1050 J410 printer only prints partial pages. Sometimes just one line and other times half a page and stops halfway through printer. Paper just sits there. If I push X button, page flips rest of the way through machine.
1. It did print a test page when I press color and black buttons. Princes out with errorcode: 00000000
2. When I push power button and X button, a complete page is printed.
3. I have tried all HP helps, including remove both power and usb cable, different usb on computer, service.msc and
restart spooler, hp doctor with sometimes stalling after recognizing printer.
4. Windows 7, service pack 1 troubleshoot and finds no problems
5. Sometimes "printer box" says "printing" while page is not. Other times it says "error". Sometimes it says "pending".
Right now the box says " Solved: RE: partial page printing and "printing" while nothing is happening.
6. Uninstalled and reinstalled HP program.
Don't know what else to do, check for.
Any and all help appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-20-2019 07:46 AM - edited 11-20-2019 07:51 AM
After spending much much time late last night, I finally decided to run an old image backup overnight and see if that would help. (Took much time updating everything, but I learned I should perform more backups.)
After running image backup, the printer works fine this morning. So the problem was in Windows 7, not the HP printer or HP driver. Mysteriously, the check/repair programs in win 7 found no problem, but concluded all was ok.
My apology for falsely assuming the problem was in the printer, driver.