Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the issue with an HP-5740 that's directly connected (USB) to my iMac 21.5" running macOS 10.13.6 and Chrome 68.0.3440.106. I have to switch to the system print dialog to print two-sided. All other programs work as expected... Office 365, The Print Shop 4, Pages, Numbers, Safari... even Firefox. This must be a Google Chrome issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MLinneer

Welcome to HP Support Forums.
Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that all other application perform two sided printing correctly. However, the issue persists only while performing two sided printing from Google Chrome. 

Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that!

This appears to be an issue with the Chrome OS. However, to print to HP printers via USB cable or your local network from the Chrome OS or Chrome browser, without using Google Cloud Print. Administrators can now manage organization users, printers, and printing options with Google Admin - learn more at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05794541

Hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted.

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MLinneer

Welcome to HP Support Forums.
Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that all other application perform two sided printing correctly. However, the issue persists only while performing two sided printing from Google Chrome. 

Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that!

This appears to be an issue with the Chrome OS. However, to print to HP printers via USB cable or your local network from the Chrome OS or Chrome browser, without using Google Cloud Print. Administrators can now manage organization users, printers, and printing options with Google Admin - learn more at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05794541

Hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted.

If you would like to thank us for the efforts to help you, feel free to mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

HP Recommended

It's not a Chrtome issue, it's actually a Mojave issue. When setting up the printer, if you select the USB connected driver, the error occurs along with the wrong paper size (8.5 x 11 Index Card). If you select 'Airprint' then the correct driver will be loaded and 2-sided printing will work. The correct paper sizes will also appear in the drop-down. This applies to users wanting to print over WiFi as well.

macOS 10.14.2, HP Officejet 5740 connected via USB and Ethernet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.