Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I am using HP Officejet Pro 8620 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. It seems 2-sided printing has stopped working for some applications. It was working fine before. I tried to print from a website and selected "two-sided" but prints came out as separate pages. I tried from a pdf with same thing happening. I printed from InDesign (CS5) and it worked okay 2-sided. What happened and how can I get it to work consistently? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @StudioJ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing two-sided from your Mac OSX 10.10 machine to your Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If your printer is connected to your Mac through a USB cable, remove it.
  2. Click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  3. Hold down the control key and click on the icon of your printer on the left.
  4. Click on Reset Printing System.
  5. Open Applications, Utilities, and Disk Utility.
  6. Click on Macintosh HD on the left.
  7. Click on Verify Disk Permissions. This should take about ten minutes.
  8. Click on Repair Disk Permissions. This should take about ten minutes.
  9. Restart your Mac.

Now if you removed the USB cable, connect it. If not:

1. Click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  2. Click on the plus button in the lower-left corner.
  3. Select your printer from the list.
  4. Click on the box next to Use and select your printer from this list.
  5. Click on Add.

Please let me know if the results after following the above. If you are able to print two-sided, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @StudioJ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with printing two-sided from your Mac OSX 10.10 machine to your Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. If your printer is connected to your Mac through a USB cable, remove it.
  2. Click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  3. Hold down the control key and click on the icon of your printer on the left.
  4. Click on Reset Printing System.
  5. Open Applications, Utilities, and Disk Utility.
  6. Click on Macintosh HD on the left.
  7. Click on Verify Disk Permissions. This should take about ten minutes.
  8. Click on Repair Disk Permissions. This should take about ten minutes.
  9. Restart your Mac.

Now if you removed the USB cable, connect it. If not:

1. Click on your Apple icon, System Preferences, and Printers and Scanners.
  2. Click on the plus button in the lower-left corner.
  3. Select your printer from the list.
  4. Click on the box next to Use and select your printer from this list.
  5. Click on Add.

Please let me know if the results after following the above. If you are able to print two-sided, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and the solution.

I also realized that the printer paper size was set at 7.5 x 8.5 and that wouldn't print two-sided.

I did follow your instructions as well and all seems to be working correctly now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.