07-22-2019 05:05 AM - edited 07-22-2019 05:33 AM
Until a few days back, my printer was fine, but now I get some odd 'artefacts' on the prints - they look almost like pixels - little squares? Have tried printing the same files from the same laptop on my in-laws identical printer and they are fine.
Have cleaned the printer - both level 1 and 2 cleaning. Twice.
07-24-2019 08:39 AM
@neil_piper-7, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Have you tried making standalone copies and check the print quality?
Power reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check the estimated ink levels
To know how, refer to step 5 in this document.
Also, perform Step 4
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page to check
Refer to step 8 of the same document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee