Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3520
Linux

I know this subject has been flogged, however none of the advice in the other posts I've seen has helped.

Problem is - I installed a new genuine HP 564XL black cartridge now the printer refuses to print black. Colours are still good. The printer is several years old & this is not the first replacement - always been quick, easy & worked.

Here's what I've done to date (that I can remember) :

ON PRINTER : installed another new (genuine) 564XL cartridge, cleaned heads several times, aligned printer, confirmed Country/Region, cleaned ink smear several times, reset to defaults, confirmed breather hole clear on cartridge, confirmed orange tag had broken off cleanly

ON PC : deleted and reinstalled printer (multiple times), reinstalled printer drivers, reinstalled printing sub-system

Finally found a post that suggested trying a B&W scan copy. Did this & got a blank page!! So, this puts the problem fair at the feet of the printer & I could have saved several hours thinking it was a PC-side problem.

I've gone looking for a firmware update but am unable to find one. BTW - I've got Linux Mint as an OS. There appears to be updates if I was using Win but nothing for Linux.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve a large hammer?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.