Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

When it occurred recently, the first thing I did was to repeat the initial solution - which is the same as yours. Any other suggestions?

While the printer is frustrating, I do appreciate the support from HP

HP Recommended

@Elika

The first post on this thread is not similar to my post. Only the uninstallation part is common, but I suggest you to install the print driver compatible with Win 7 on your Win 10 PC as mentioned.

Kindly click on the link provided in my previous post to download the driver. This has helped many users.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't notice the difference at first.

OK, I've done that and it's not made any difference. It's the same outcome (black and white) from any device and also different file types (I've tried jpegs and pdf documents).

HP Recommended

@Elika

Are you getting color option after updating drivers?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did get the option when printing the photo from ms picture viewer. I didn't have (any colour or black and white) option from the pdf document.

HP Recommended

@Elika

Could you share the screenshot the of the options you are getting for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't see an option for uploading pictures. Do you have a pm option I can send it to?

HP Recommended

@Elika

Thank you for your patience. Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

If this issue is limited to only PDF documents, try updating or reinstalling the Adobe application.

You will find an 'attach' icon at the left bottom corner of the comments section which you use to post.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Yes, I've tried jpegs, pdf, word and a web page. They all print in black and white only. 

The option to print in colour is not an option when I print from pdf. To clarify, there aren't any options; black and white, colour, monochrome etc..

I found the attach icon - it's a camera icon. The image is from windows 10 photos app.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

@Elika

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.