Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I bought a printer (Envy Photo 6230) last February. In instant ink site I didn't received any 4-month free ink trial after registration (this is provided in the sales package of the printer and on a sticker inside it). Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @alexsteph,

When you buy a new printer and set it up either at 123.hp.com or using the HP Smart app, you are offered a free trial of Instant Ink. 
The number of free months depends on the offer at the time and the country of enrollment. 
You must take advantage of this offer within 7 days. There is no special code and the free months are automatically applied to your account. After 7 days, the free trial offer expires. 
During your free trial, you can print up to 300 pages per month, regardless if you chose the 50, 100, or 300-page plan
If you chose the 500/700 page plan, your free trial will be free for your plan amount
To confirm that you received your free months:
Check the message on the Confirmation page just before you enrol, or sign into your account page at Instantink.com and find the free months under My Account > My Plan. 
Free trial months are not offered when you sign up at Instantink.com – only at 123.hp.com and the HP Smart app. 
Remember to take advantage of the free trial offer while you are setting up your printer!

If you still have issues please share few details in a private message, so I can check the account details and help you in crediting the free months to you.

Picture of the free trail

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Also, refer this article to know more information about enrolling in instant ink services. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @alexsteph,

When you buy a new printer and set it up either at 123.hp.com or using the HP Smart app, you are offered a free trial of Instant Ink. 
The number of free months depends on the offer at the time and the country of enrollment. 
You must take advantage of this offer within 7 days. There is no special code and the free months are automatically applied to your account. After 7 days, the free trial offer expires. 
During your free trial, you can print up to 300 pages per month, regardless if you chose the 50, 100, or 300-page plan
If you chose the 500/700 page plan, your free trial will be free for your plan amount
To confirm that you received your free months:
Check the message on the Confirmation page just before you enrol, or sign into your account page at Instantink.com and find the free months under My Account > My Plan. 
Free trial months are not offered when you sign up at Instantink.com – only at 123.hp.com and the HP Smart app. 
Remember to take advantage of the free trial offer while you are setting up your printer!

If you still have issues please share few details in a private message, so I can check the account details and help you in crediting the free months to you.

Picture of the free trail

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Also, refer this article to know more information about enrolling in instant ink services. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I did not setup the 4 month free trial when I setup the printer the first time on my first PC, nor the second time on the second PC.  I decided to do it on the 3rd time and my wife's PC but it failed saying it was claimed already.  I removed web services and added them back and was able to link the printer to our account,  

However, if I click get ink from the HP smart app, I am still given only a one month free option.  I click that and it takes me to a web page  saying congrats, 1 month.

How do I get 4?

HP Recommended

@Quadcity, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, kindly send a screenshot/picture of the 4-month free trial option that you have.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We were able to get it to work.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Quadcity

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.