Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500 pringer

My 4500 printer is smearing every other line.  I have cleaned everything and reset the system several times.  The answers given by the virtual assistant don't help.  If I have to buy a new printer, it will not be HP.  Can anyone tell  me what to do besides clean everything and reset the system.  BTW, it's not the cartridge. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mae66, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So far, this has helped nothing. 

HP Recommended

There will be no my HP products for me. I work hard for my money and I'm not wasting it. 

HP Recommended

Stephen_So-Me has not helped at all.  He seems to be totally dependent on a serial number and when I send him the number on the back of the machine, he says it doesn't exist.  I really don't think he is reading my emails because he keeps asking for the same information. I never want another HP product again in my life.  

HP Recommended

Wow, after at least a week of sending the serial number on the printer, HP finally found it only to tell me it was no longer supported.  Apparently, HP has a sustainability program in place.  Maybe they should start with products that last longer than a few years and maybe they should continue to support their products so that they are more sustainable.  For now, something drastic would have to occur, I want no more HP products.  - A WEEK OF BEING TOLD THE NUMBER DOESN'T EXIST WHEN I'M TELLING SUPPORT IT IS THE NUMBER ON THE PRINTER BESIDE THE WORDS SERIAL NUMBER.  REALLY!!!

Incidentally, I never felt that Stephen, the support guy?,  ever understood my problem, nor did he read my emails in there entirety.  I really think that HP feels that if they frustrate the customer long enough, the customer will give up and buy something new which is what I am going to do.  However, it won't be HP.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.