Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP4520 Envy

Pages from printer are blank. Printer sounds like it is doing its job, but no. New cardridges. Done everything I can think of. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @janebrehl,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP e-All-in-One Printer wherein it prints blank pages.

This issue could occur if the ink cartridges are empty or not installed properly or the cartridges could be defective.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I found a solution! Take a cloth and wet it. Take the cartldige out and clean the bottom strip of the cartlidge. You may need to wet/wipe with some pressure on the sensitive botton of the cartldige to revive the dry ink.

I spit saliva on my t shirt and rubbed the bottom of the cartldge 3x. Then my pages were printing amazing, full blank ink, like new.

My cartlidge was showing 90% full on the measurements.  FYI.

HP Recommended

This solved my problem!   Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. didn't cross my mind to clean that part since my printed indicated that everything with the cartigages were fine. I took both out and cleaned them with a bit of rubbing alchol on a rag. So far the black is working and now the color needs replaceing. I can live with that. Great solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.