12-18-2019 02:43 PM
my officejet 4620 does print properly but the unit does not scan - the error message is: unit occupied / Gerät belegt
not possible to install new firmware same error message : unit occupied
12-21-2019 03:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "Scanner is busy" error.
To better assist you -
1) How's the printer connected - wired or wireless?
2) Does the copy works?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps to reboot the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the Mac/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the Mac/ mobile devices.
Also, try updating the Mac using these steps - Keep your Mac up to date
Update the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for step by step introductions - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee