12-10-2019 08:44 AM
This unit has worked flawlesslly for a few years until now. Whenever it's idle for any length of time, the display goes black and only the wireless icon is lit blue. Tapping the home screen does nothing. Pushing the power button has no result. I have to unplug the unit and plug it back in. Then I can occasionally print. I've emptied the Print Spooler. Four times now I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer both as a USB and wireless unit. It'll work for a short time and then begin failling again. When opening the HP Printer Assistant, clicking on the Scan a Document or Photo Option does nothing.
I'm running out of ideas.
12-12-2019 10:01 AM
@1946gymnast, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This seems like sleep mode issues on the printer. Assigning a manual IP address may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:
On the printer, go to Setup > Preferences > Sleep > After 15mins
On this model printer, there is no option to turn this feature off.
Assign a Static IP Address:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
- Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 220.127.116.11 and under manual alternate type 18.104.22.168 (This is Google DNS server address)
Note: You may watch this video for a better understanding.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee