Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: office jet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My printer is hooked up with USB cable. I can print word documents just can't print online. It shoots out blank pages. I've run the print and scan doctor with NO issues identified. Installed new cartridges cleaned Print heads restarted both pc and hard restarted the printer, printed test pages fine.

I need to print online please advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@secretly

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer and it is connected via USB to a Win10 PC. I read that the printer can print Word documents. But it cannot print online web based content. You have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and there were no issues found with the drivers. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Which web browser are you using?
  • Does the printer print fine from other web browsers like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chome, etc?
  • Are you unable to print a particular online content or unable to print from any website?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suspect this to be a web browser issue. So please try using another web browser and check if it helps.

Secondly, sometimes you may be unable to print from secured websites like banking, etc. due to security concerns. 

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply with the results. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
I'm using Windows 10.
HP Recommended

@secretly

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer and it is connected via USB to a Win10 PC. I read that the printer can print Word documents. But it cannot print online web based content. You have run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and there were no issues found with the drivers. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Which web browser are you using?
  • Does the printer print fine from other web browsers like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chome, etc?
  • Are you unable to print a particular online content or unable to print from any website?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suspect this to be a web browser issue. So please try using another web browser and check if it helps.

Secondly, sometimes you may be unable to print from secured websites like banking, etc. due to security concerns. 

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply with the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks so much we tried Google Chrome and it worked.

HP Recommended

@secretly

You're most welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the issue got fixed by using Google Chrome. Happy Printing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.