02-10-2020 02:18 AM
I am having similar problems as https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-4650-is-not-duplex-printing-automatically-only-manu...
But the solutions are not working.
In short - my printer has stopped automatically duplexing. It only does manual.
I've gone into Device Settings and changed "Automatic Configuration" to "On" and then "Automatic Duplexing" to "Installed". I hit Apply, OK, and go to print - and the Print Screen reads "Print Both Sides Manually". So I go back to Device Settings, and it's re-set to "Off"/"Not Installed".
I uninstalled drivers and driver packages (printui /s /t2), rebooted, downloaded drivers from HP (last date = 2017), and tried again. Same issue.
It USED to work fine, on my Windows SP4 running Win 10 64. Last time I tried was in September. Now that I have a new machine, it no longer works.
Windows 10 Pro V 1903 Build 18362.592.
02-12-2020 08:55 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
This seems like a compatibility issue with the printer driver and the latest windows update. Let us try installing the Win 7 printer driver on your Win 10 PC.
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee