12-31-2019 09:57 AM
printer turns on. the screen is lit up but completely blank. the ink cartridges are all the way to the left, not centering like they do upon boot-up. tried unplugging and replugging in, does the same thing. HELP!
01-02-2020 10:42 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
It seems like an issue with the printer display and the print carriage. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check for obstructions in the carriage path
Perform step 1 from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee