Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 4250 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I'm getting an 49.4c06 service error message on my HP Laserjet 4250 printer, can anyone help me with this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Disconnect the printer from the computer or network and turn it on and see if it comes to ready.  If it does, then there is a print job trying to print that is confusing the printer.  First you will want to delete all print jobs in the printq.  Next you will want to upgrade the firmware.  If none of this works see below:

49.4C02 or 49.4C06 error may be seen on the control panel when printing PDF files that contain malformed or incomplete fonts. This issue may also be seen when printing certain web pages that contain those fonts.

Workarounds:

Potential workarounds are:

• Print with PCL 5 driver

• Print with a PCL6 or PS driver with the "Send TrueType as Bitmap" option enabled from the Advanced tab of the printer (driver) properties

• When encountered while printing web pages, try a different web browser

HP Recommended

1/28/2016

I did the easy things.

1) turn HP 4350 on/off

2) disconnected the network cable

3) Deleted all print jobs.

4) took out paper

5) took out printer cartridge, put it back in.

6) repeated steps 1; 4-5 times

THIS IS WHAT WORKED.

IT person, downloaded and installed:

1) New print drivers

2) New firmware

WORKS GREAT!

HTH someone out there in the great ether.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your message. It works on HP 2420 too.

HP Recommended
Firmware update to v8.260.1 worked for me. Thank you.
HP Recommended
For my Laserjet 4250 that is.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.