Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp 5820 inkjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

problem at the end of each printproblem at the end of each print

Hi. I have a 5820 Hp Inkjet and I am experiencing the problem identified in the picture above. All the prints have the same issue. At the end of each print the printer makes an abnormal sound (like the rollers are trying to grab the paper, unsuccessfully). 

The rest of the print is excellent, as I say just the final part of the print.

I am printing borderless on A5 photo glossy paper. I have tried many different settings, paper etc and they have little effect .

Thanks for any advice

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tavchlordane 

Results of searching for "HP 5820 inkjet":

HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer series

If this is your printer,

Specifications > Paper Handling

• A5 paper is supported but only for "Plain paper"
  • Media type Photo paper is not supported in size A5
  • Custom paper sizes are purported to only work in Mac OS for this printer
  • Normally, the job would fail (before printing) and display a wrong paper type and size combination

Other possibility

If the paper is "Premium" paper, try a less expensive paper.

Assuming you can get the printer to accept the paper size and paper type combination,

HP Advanced Photo Paper is accepted by most printers.

OR

If you are using a non-HP product (paper), try a less expensive paper in that product line.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer series

OR

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.