Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi garyaw2,

Please try the steps mentioned in above post.(Changing paper type).

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Yes, I already tried this. My list starts with Letter and last choice is Edge to Edge Letter.

HP Recommended

Hi garyaw2,

Which was printer previous installed and is the old printer software still installed on computer?

HP Recommended

My previous printer was the HP Photosmart Premium c309a. I uninstalled all software for it (all that I was aware of) before installing the new Officejet pro 8600 Premium.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Which O\S is installed and how is the printer connected (USB or Wireless)

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 Home Ultimate and actually have printer connected to computer with usb and also connected to my wireless network through wireless.

HP Recommended

If the specific size is not listed, does it support custom sizing?  

HP Recommended

Hi hpwpb,

If printing from Word, Custom option is available.

HP Recommended

Hi garyaw2,

Try adding your old printer driver for OJ 8600 and try printing, Please follow steps below to add printer.

Start > Devices and Printer > Add a Printer (available on top) > Select Add local Printer (NOT other Option) > Select Create New Port > Select Standard TCP\IP port > Next > Enter IP address of OJ 8600 ( Can be found by selecting the wireless option on printer front panel) >  Next > Select Manufacturer as HP or Hewlett-Packard and under printer select your old printer c309 and complete the wizard.

Try printing again with c309 prinetr selected.

HP Recommended

No. Custom does not appear in the drop down paper size menu. That is the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.