Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi DevRao

I have tried that and when I got to print (in Word) and go to my printer properties quality/paper tab custom does not appear in the paper size drop down menu.

HP Recommended
The software for the Officejet 8600 series, and all other printers that use a similar software, doesn't support the custom print size feature. To get the feature you will need to use an alternate driver. I'll link the instructions below.

How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

This worked! Thanks for the help and thanks to all for your suggestions.

HP Recommended

I was able to do it in word.  Thank you.  I also installed the alternative driver, which does have many more size options.  So I was able to find one that met my envelope option.

So thank you for resolving that issue.

It did cause one problem, when installing the driver, it  froze my printer with an Ox00000709 error, when I select printer properties.  I was able to get around that by "re-adding the printer as a new printer", but It won't let me delete the old one.

HP Recommended

I tried this and it still gives me the "paper mismatch" error. If this was a personal thing it might not be to bad but this is my work printer. I work for a non profit so we really need this to be corrected. Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.