Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was printing +/- 40 pages when in the middle of it the printer stops suddenly, no paper jam, no low ink.

On the screen the code 6201922A whit above the singe from an on/off button appears.

All the icons and buttons where blinking on the printer. 

I shut the printer down end restart after 30' and everything became normal again.

I want to know what the sours of the code is, the printer is new and still under guarantee, I don't even have my first Ink cartridges empty. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@DanfromBrussel

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer gave an error message while printing, 

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said,

Since it was a 40+ pages document you were trying to print, it's quite possible that the printer memory might have got full or the printer might have heated up due to which it displayed an error code, 

I hope that answers your query,

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank You for your answer, 

I tried to print a small book " 50 pages " and it worked perfectly, so I think it was a one-off mistake from the printer.

if it's appear again I will take a picture and post on the blog.

sincerely yours

Daniels

HP Recommended

@DanfromBrussel,

I read the post. As @Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am responding on her behalf. Thanks for the update.

I hope things work great for you and your HP product.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received the same error message and had to shut my printer off. 

There should be a response from the technical team as to what Error 6201922A means. They wouldn't label the errors if there wasn't a way to find out what they mean.

HP Recommended

My HP7100 stopped in the middle of two short prints displaying this error message. 

HP Print and Scan Doctor indicated I should power off and power on my router and then do the same for my printer, followed by RETRY.  Before I hit the RETRY button the printer restarted and printed a couple more pages, before stopping again with the same error message displayed.  RETRY resulted in a series of screens which eventually indicated that my printer had lost connection either by USB or wirelessly.

Hopefully, HP can provide an answer to this conundrum.

Bit more info - Disconnected printer from power and USB.  Reconnected to both, started up without pressing the one button and proceded to print the schedule that it had stopped on three times, followed by the other two schedules in the queue. 

One other oddity - The printer is set up to print double sided, but ALL of these prints, both before and after the error message, printed single sided.  There is nothing I can see on the downloaded schedules which could prompt single sided printing, and a test print of one schedule came out double sided.

HP Recommended

Since I also have a 7800 printer and have just received the same error code when trying to print only 10 pages. This is a printer that is used very infrequently. I find HP's response to be useless in providing a solution. It is apparent that the quality of HP has degraded to the point that I will recommend to anyone that inquires to seek the EPSON product instead. I would have expected a detailed explanation and a detail solution such as how to clear the memory. Overheating is a design deficiency and should be corrected. As a former technical expert in the defense industry HP would have been rejected as a contractor due to substandard engineering performance as well as a substandard product.

HP Recommended

Hi @capt3292

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Re-insert the ink cartridges.

Try printing. If the issue persists, we will have to reset the printer to its factory settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did all of that, Kumaro 307, and it didn't work again.  I am only printing six pages.  I am working from home and need to print several items.  I am connected directly to a wall outlet.  My printer is only a couple of months old, and I'm very disappointed in it.  I need to work and can't because my two month old printer won't operate.

HP Recommended

...And, when I unplug it and then plug it back in, it halfway prints the page it was working on again, then stops and shows the same code.  I don't even know how to even begin to  try to figure out how to get it back to factory settings.  It won't let me do anything.  So here I sit, needing to print some forms for work, and I cannot work.  Not happy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.