01-06-2020 10:49 AM - edited 01-06-2020 11:12 AM
After experiencing a paper jam on my PHOTOSMART 6520 printer, now the rollers will not pick up paper to print. I hear a grinding sound twice and then it does not pick up the paper. I get a pop up window that says that I am out of paper/ to load paper and push paper tray forward to close. HP recommends color lok paper. I have paper in the tray, the rollers are not picking it up. I have made sure the paper is flat and in line. Per instructions on line, I have cleaned the rollers with distilled water, does not seem to be the problem. HELP someone!!
01-09-2020 08:16 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/model/51... and https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/model/51....
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee