Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My 2018 HP 6950 All-in-One wireless printer doesn't stay connected. Every time I want to print I have to turn it off/on. I've reinstalled it several times and nothing works to keep it consistently connected. The HP Scan Doctor doesn't help either. Help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@VF4

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let's try "Assign Manual IP" to the printer:

1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel.

2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page.

3) Open a web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using.

4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button.

5) Go to the Network tab.

6) Click on Networking from the left pane.

7) Then click on Network Address (IP).

😎 Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP.

9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server.

10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field.

11) Click on Apply.

Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g

Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.