06-13-2019 10:25 AM - edited 06-13-2019 10:26 AM
My 2018 HP 6950 All-in-One wireless printer doesn't stay connected. Every time I want to print I have to turn it off/on. I've reinstalled it several times and nothing works to keep it consistently connected. The HP Scan Doctor doesn't help either. Help!
06-15-2019 04:31 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Let's try "Assign Manual IP" to the printer:
1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page.
3) Open a web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using.
4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button.
5) Go to the Network tab.
6) Click on Networking from the left pane.
7) Then click on Network Address (IP).
😎 Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP.
9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server.
10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field.
11) Click on Apply.
Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g
Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee