01-14-2017 02:20 PM
- WILL NOT PRINT IN BLACK
- REPLACED print head
- Removed ink from old print head
- Removed old print head
- Used supplied towlettes to clean printer
- Inserted new print head
- Inserted ink
- Still does not print black ink
- Message ink system error
- Restarted machine
- Removed plugs and reinserted
- Reset to factory standards
- Realigned – message – alignment failed
- All tanks were new 2 weeks ago. Ink levels now show all colors low, black full
- Used print assistant/print and scan doctor – will not communicate
- Shows 3 installations:
- HP49965D (7500 e910)
- HP 7500 e910 network
- HP 7500 e910
- Will not communicate with any
- Shows connected to router with correct password
- Can not print any reports because they would all be in black ink and not printing black
- Print assistant ‘analyzed’ print system but never generated report
- Instructed to do semi full reset. Instructions do not work. Can not find required button
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-15-2017 01:35 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I understand you are having printing issues on your HP OfficeJet 7500 printer, Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should help to resolve the issue,
First off, Hats off to you for a job well done as you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and checked settings on the unit, before posting the query in the HP forums. It is amazing to see how technically competent you are. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you.
Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
Please remove all the ink cartridge and then perform a Hard reset on the printer.
* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
* Remove USB cable, if present.
* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
* Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test document and check if it works,
For more details, please follow all these steps once again from the support document - Click here
If nothing works, and if you want the steps to perform an advanced reset on the printer. I have sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,
Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,
I am an HP Employee
01-15-2017 07:49 PM
Attempted Semi Full Reset as instructed. No back button on home page. Starting at setup, 2 clicks takes me to home page and back button disappears. Starting at tools, 3 clicks takes me to home page. Factory defaults, there is no back button. Nothing accepts 4 clicks on back button
01-16-2017 12:00 PM
Thanks for replying,
I appreciate your efforts,
I understand you have tried the steps suggested to perform an advanced reset on the printer and still you are having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance, please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.
Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
Keep me posted for any other assistance,
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,
mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
01-08-2020 01:08 PM
"If nothing works, and if you want the steps to perform an advanced reset on the printer. I have sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions."
I have tried everything you suggested except calling support. I get occasional bad black (streaked, out of focus) output, but often no black at all or only traces of black.
Before I send the printer to the landfill, what else?
01-08-2020 01:20 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!