Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
7520 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem is clear the gear which drives the rollers on the pick-up arm when it is lowered has come loose from the drive shaft.  Is it possible to get thespare parts to fix this.  I believe I need a complete new pick-up mechanism as well as a new shaft with the gear wheel molded on?  If so what are the part no. etc that I need to specify? 

I beleve but can not be certain that the idler wheels between the drive shaft gear and the rollers are stiff/broken or in some way damaged as they seem to need a lot of force to turn them, thus causing the fundamental problem.

If this is a fatal problem with the printer then I need a photo printer as good as this which takes 364 cartridges!  Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

I understand the pick up assembly is not working in your printer. sorry to say that this is not  a replacable part in the printer . you can go for upgrade by calling our support number 1800-474-6836.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

I understand the pick up assembly is not working in your printer. sorry to say that this is not  a replacable part in the printer . you can go for upgrade by calling our support number 1800-474-6836.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.