Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, just bought a brand new 7740 - Tray 1 works just fine, but Tray 2 doesn't want to come out beyond a couple inches. I did discover there is a button on the lower right that I can push to get it to open a little more, but I keep thinking there is a way to pull the tray even further out (and probably all the way out, similar to how Tray 1 works)

The User Manual has lots of graphics showing Tray 1, but none showing Tray 2. I've owned multitray OfficeJet printers for 13+ years and used those older models just fine, though this is the first that handles 11x17, so I'm guessing there is a trick to this I haven't figured out.

Thanks for any guidance or suggestions!

UPDATE: after posting, I did find this YouTube video showing how Tray 2 should slide out easily..with my unit, it definitely does not, I'm now guessing the cardboard may be stuck in the tray not allowing it to fully slide out, will work on it some more & see if I can resolve this...

https://youtu.be/pi296fSmxCQ?t=203

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

AND that took care of the problem....I had to reach inside to grab the cardboard piece out, but once I had that out, the tray slid out just fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

AND that took care of the problem....I had to reach inside to grab the cardboard piece out, but once I had that out, the tray slid out just fine.

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this - I was just as confused as you 🙂

HP Recommended

I had the same problem! Maybe HP could make the carton traingles  a little bit smaller so they won't get stuck in the printer so easily. I almost thought it broke in the shipping progress or something!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.