Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I print anything from within Chrome, my printer starts having extremely long delays between print jobs.  The delay affects all programs and all print jobs.  If I completely remove the Printer from the computer and do a full, new, fresh, installation of the printer, the printing delay issue is gone, UNTIL, I print from within Chrome again (like an email or anything from within chrome.)  Then the Delayed printing issue comes back.  I have downloaded the newest software and drivers, and can not figure out how to fix the issue.  And by delay it can sometimes take up to 2 minutes before printing, every print job shows up in the Print Manager but can just take ages to print.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

A such would likely occur due to any connectivity issue.

Is the printer connected via USB, wirelessly or with an ethernet cable?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

USB, I should have mentioned that, my apologies.

HP Recommended

No worries, I would say it is affected by the web browser.

When it slowly prints after printing from Chrome, does it print correctly when printing an internal report such as a Printer Status Report and not from the computer? that's to better understand if this affects the hardware or only the computer:

https://support.hp.com/si-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768...

If you print from any other program, does it print correctly?

When it happens, can you see any difference if you restart your computer or does the issue persists?

Also, make sure that both your operating system and Chrome are fully up to date:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-10-update

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Assuming the problem is resolved after restarting the computer or reinstalling the software, can you see any similar results when printing from any other browser such as Internet Explorer, Edge or Google Chrome?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Yesterday, I was going through the re-installation of the software (including drivers) for the printer for the 4 time in the last 6 days.  And I don't know what changed from all the other times - Remove device, Unplug the USB Cable, run the installation software, plug in the USB Cable finish installation, and the printer would print like it was supposed to.  Except yesterday when I was purposefully trying to get it do have the issue again, it never did.  I haven't done anything different or changed the process or used any different programs, browsers, etc.   SO I am not sure what changed or what is different but that it is working properly for the first time in MONTHS!!!  So the issue seems to be currently resolved - however to answer your questions,  yes the browser (Chrome is fully up to date), Windows is also up-to-date (as much as the organization I work for allows for Windows updates.)   Yes, it always prints the Documents Correctly but the issue was that there was a significant delay between print jobs.  The would just stack up in the Print Cue.  And I had tried so many things, restarting programs, force closing and restarting programs, logging out and back into the computer, restarting the computer, full power down and starting the computer back up, as well as most of those with cycling the power (unplugging and replugging in the printer.)  The only thing I did not try was printing from another browser first.  Since I use the Google Universe rather extensively, it would have not worked if I could solve the issue by avoiding Chrome.

So it would always print just fine and would not have the pause between print jobs with any program unless I printed something like a PDF or an Email from within Chrome then the issue would arrive for every program including Chrome.

I also discovered that the only way I could successfully re-install the printer was to remove the Printer, disconnect the USB and run the installation program.  If I did not disconnect the USB cable and plug it in at the step during installation where it searches for a connected USB Printer, the installation would never see the Printer.  If I finished the installation without it finding the printer during the process and then either cycled the power or un-plugged and re-plugged the USB cable it would cause the computer to have various issues with the printer, including seeing it but not being able to print to it.  Honestly, there were other issues as well, but once I found that I just needed to unplug the USB cable start the installation process and plug it in when it hit that step - that's what I started doing, and work at trying to identify when/why it stopped printing correctly.

If the problem comes back I will try to identify why/what happened, but like I said as of right now it is working correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.