Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HPOJ8210 - D9L64A
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

8210 Inkjet has stopped printing correctly on card stock. I tried to change the paper type on the printer and in Windows, but this did not resolve the issues. It does not print the top 1/3 protion of the page when using cardstock. It prints fine on regular paper.

How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@William_clue_me

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that we worked together and found out the cause of this issue.

Use a different set of cards which are less thick so that it prints fine.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@William_clue_me

Welcome to HP forums, I see that youa re unable to print on card stocks.

• Did you try on different set of card stocks?

Meanwhile, this printer supports only below listed cards:

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document to update the printer firmware:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am able to print on regular paper. I also tested other paper with different thicknesses with no issues. It seems to be that this cardstock is thicker than any other paper that we run. We were able to find an old package of cardstock, and it prints correctly on it, but it appears the supplier sent us some thicker cardstock this time. It will not print correctly on the thickest paper correctly.

HP Recommended

@William_clue_me

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that we worked together and found out the cause of this issue.

Use a different set of cards which are less thick so that it prints fine.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was hoping for a work around, but it appears the printer cannot handle that thickness. Thank you anyway. I would much rather get a straight answer than continue to go in circles. Thank you for being blunt.

HP Recommended

@William_clue_me

Thanks for writing back to us.

Yes, you will have to use less thick cards to print.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on a 4520.it printed on card when i first tried but now misses the top of the print .Never had a problem before with this card.

HP Recommended

@PBD2

Thanks for joining HP Community!

Are you facing the same issue while printing on a regular document?

Could you please help me with the operating system of the computer?

Try printing from a different application and check if it works.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I can print on ordinary paper and also on 160gm2 but not on 210gm2

Operating system is Windows 10

why in devices on my computer does my ENVY 4520 show as HP7640

HP Recommended

@PBD2

Thanks for replying!

The printer only supports Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index) cards. Refer to the Printer Specifications for HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Printers under paper-handling specs > paper tray capacities for details.

The device showing up as HP7640 could be an issue with the installed driver. Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.

Once the printer is configured, try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.