Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8500 A Plus fails print head alignment then jams paper

OFFICEJET PRO 8500 A PLUS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WHen I turn on the printer it does the print head alignment. It makes some noises then takes a long time to do the alignment. After awhile the paper jams while feeding. I clean out the jam clear the error and then the alignment fails. THen it wants to do alignemnt over again with same results. 

IF i try to print anything the printer still jams. the screen states that is aligning print heads and then jams.

Have new inks in all slots.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,341 8,326 443 332
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rudy2164

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8500a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-a910/4083864... and https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8500a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-a910/4083864...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cant get that far. WHen the paper feeds into the printer to do the alignment etc. It jams. It jams when printing anything. IT get halfway into the printer from the front tray.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,341 8,326 443 332
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI thanks for your answers.

I dl the firmware update. RAn it and it finds the printer but the status is not applicable for printer and I cannot select the printer for update. I connected directly to printer and same thing. . It does not work thru printer web services either, says it cannot connect. But the printer wifi works to laptop.

I factory reset no fix.

Any way do update thru printer usb port?  Full pritner reset? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

here is a pik of the update screen. usb conneciton. cannot select pritner to update.

Rudy2164_0-1590266875282.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,341 8,326 443 332
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation