Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 8500a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a 8500A all in one printer - I replaced the printer heads both - b/y and c/m - did some printing no problem - about a week later now I am getting an error message telling me there is a problem with the printer head and to replace it...can there be another issue both printerheads are less than 2 weeks new

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Each printhead has an expiration date printed on the side label if you installed expired printhead that could be the source of the problems. Check the date on printheads.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response

They both have expiration dates of 2021/12/28 - any other suggestions would be appreciated...What I don't understand is I bought them new and printed several Christmas letters and some recipes and less than a week later this error came on 

x printehead problem

The following printhead has a problem

k/y or the c/m (depending on how the printer is feeling)

Replace printhead to resume printing.

I bought these - maybe it's bc not HP

Wenon 2 Pack HP 940XL 940 Printhead C4900A C4901A Compatible for HP Officejet Pro 8000 8500 8500A 8500A Plus 8500A Printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.