10-19-2018 08:54 AM - edited 10-19-2018 09:00 AM
Where can I find the firmware update to allow my printer to use aftermarket ink refills? Previous link comes back as a 404.
10-20-2018 04:08 PM
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
I have gone through your Post and I would like to help
Please remove the cartridges and perform a Printer Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Then update the firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8610-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5... and put back the cartridges
Let me know how it goes
Thank you and have a good day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
10-22-2018 12:02 PM
Thank you for your assistance. I have followed your list of instructions and unfortunately, the printer now only says "Cartridge Problem."
Could you further assist me as I have two of these printers with the same issue.
Thanks in advance.
10-23-2018 11:08 AM
Thanks for keeping me posted
I have sent you a private message with the next course of action
Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.
Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope
I Am An HP Employee