01-30-2020 04:03 PM
All of a sudden everything has stopped being able to print. I used to be able to send print jobs from my phone, they won't print now. Also, my Mac Book Pro won't let anything print. The status box says, "Connected to printer....printing." But nothing is happening. I have turned wifi on then off. I have unplugged the printer. Still nothing working. Help!
02-03-2020 12:11 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Check the connectivity:
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the MAC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Perform a ping test
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
- Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee