Heckers Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8620 Wont Connect to Instant Ink

Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have a 8620 printer and subscribe to the HP INstant Ink service.  I have had no problems up until about 10 days ago when the printer keeps saying I am not connected to Instant Ink.  The printer is only connected to my Wifi network and still prints but warns me that if I dont connect to Instant Ink, it will stop printing.  When I log onto Instant Ink website it says my printer is Offline.  It is not offline, it is definitely online.  Help please?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
11,348 10,963 247 604
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Heckers, Terry here.

Welcome to the HP forums.

HP Instant Ink - 'Connect Printer to Update Status' Message Displays

If your printer is online and getting an internet signal, try resetting Web Services and then log into your account, and look under 'Notifications' to refresh your connection.

To reset Web Services you will have to turn them off and on again. The following 2 documents will guide through that process.

HP Printers - Turning Off Web Services

HP Printers - Turning On Web Services

-Terry
HP Instant Ink Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Heckers Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I tried the first option but the conclusion was that I needed to contact HP support.  I've tried turning off the web services but it just keeps bringing up the same message: "No internet connection" and wont let me past this into Web Services or Internet Connection.  Do you have any other ideas please?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
11,348 10,963 247 604
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to connect your printer to a router that gets an internet signal. Try this guided solution: HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
demyers Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had these exact same symptoms. After working fine for over a year, Web Services stopped working. Nothing has recently changed on my network, but the printer recently upgraded itself to firmware FDP1CN1733AR.

I eventually resolved the problem by disabling IPv6 on the printer. It seems to me firmware 1733 broke IPv6 networking somehow.

smk_1 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. 2 days and enless calls to support services had run out of ideas. Printer had previously worked fine, could still print and connect to the mac computer but kept returning mssage 'unable to connect to the wireless router' As a result Instant Ink was not updated, pages and ink levels were not sent to HP and 'web services' showed 'not connected'.

Tried every fix possible, until I came across your reference to the fireware update and IPv6. My HP network configeration page confirmed these details, so I followed final instruction on this HP page to disable IPv6, and this seems to have done the trick. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/model...

Very many thanks to you for this suggestion. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation