Lonestar3
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8710 Still Feeds Crooked

OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK, I know this is an old topic but I am just very unhappy with being unable to scan from the feeder and not get straight scans. This is ridiculous. The purported 'solution' in another post was to 'make sure the guides are flush against the paper'. Well, for one thing, they don't lock exactly at the edge of 8 1/2 x 11' paper.,.. there is a slight gap. Even when I wedge something between the guidea and the frame to keep it snug, it still scans crooked. Has anybody ever found and effective solution to this issue which seems to maybe be a design or manufacturing flaw? I can't live with this. I need to be able to scan and fax documents are are NOT crooked. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Lonestar3
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8710 Still Feeds Crooked

So, I get an email from an HP Team suggesting I call HP Free Printer support. I did. I explained the issue straightaway but apparently the foreigner on the other end didn't understand a word I said because he asked me if the printer was working or not. Didn't make sense. I tried my best to explain and he finally correctly indicated it's a hardware problem (yes, I know) and to take to HP repair to get it fixed. No doubt at my expense even though it has never scanned properly like many other ones of this model. I'm sure I can buy a new Epson or Brother printer for the cost of the repair. Too bad. I like HP generally speaking and I like the printer for the most part. But I cannot live with this issue.

0 Kudos
1,057 1,046 49 100
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8710 Still Feeds Crooked

Please be advised:

Do not accept the number of any service claimed to be provided by HP. If you are being contacted by an HP employee, you will know by the orange indicator next to the name stating their role on this platform. 

Any other user providing service numbers are likely spammer. 

Please make sure to read carefully all of the steps necessary to keep your private information safe on this public platform. 

Regards,

Arthur-c

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation