12-08-2019 12:16 PM
Upon printer startup, the scanning bar tries to go exceptionally left causing a grinding noise. A "Scanner Failure" screen results that says, "Restart the printer. If the problem persists, the scanner has become damaged and cannot copy or scan. For more information, call HP Support".
Is there a fix for this problem.
12-11-2019 03:36 AM - edited 12-11-2019 03:36 AM
@BPGeneva, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I'm afraid this is a hardware issue with the scanner mechanism. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee