12-07-2019 10:26 AM
I have an office at 8720. I love this printer and for the most part haven’t had any issues however the touch screen lights up but no longer responds when I touch it, which I’ve been able to work around by using HP smart and the printer software on my computer. However I had to change my Wi-Fi password and now don’t seem to be able to re-connect my printer to my network because the only way that I can find to do that is through the touch screen panel. Can someone suggest another way to connect my printer to the the Wi-Fi? Or How to fix the touch screen issue? I’ve already tried all the rebooting suggestions that I have found to get the touchscreen working. Just an FYI
12-10-2019 10:21 AM
@Clark832 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the touchscreen is not working.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Refer this HP document for the steps to update the printer firmware:- Click here
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!