Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 8720 has never fed 110# card stock. It will feed half-width sheets, like a #10 envelope, though won't print them properly. How do I set the printer to print half-width sheets?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turns out the type of paper setting is irrelevant. Even half-wide sheets of card stock arrive at the print point delayed. I tried shifting the image further down the page, but the printer consistently starting printing at (or just ahead of) the lead edge of the paper.

In terms of aligning the image, I discovered Windows automatically places half-page images 2-up on a full-size sheet, regardless of what the custom-set size is. But under Printing Options, it allows you to specify only one copy per sheet, which it then centers (as are the half-wide sheets in the printer).

Finally, any shortcut settings in the printer dialog that automatically duplex will prevent half-width sheets from printing. Turn off duplexing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sunshi07
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

if your Media settings in Printing Preferences do not include "card stock", you need to pick something else that is similar: index card, "something" that kind of sounds like card stock to the printer so the printer is expecting "thick" paper.

Click here to know more about Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Turns out the type of paper setting is irrelevant. Even half-wide sheets of card stock arrive at the print point delayed. I tried shifting the image further down the page, but the printer consistently starting printing at (or just ahead of) the lead edge of the paper.

In terms of aligning the image, I discovered Windows automatically places half-page images 2-up on a full-size sheet, regardless of what the custom-set size is. But under Printing Options, it allows you to specify only one copy per sheet, which it then centers (as are the half-wide sheets in the printer).

Finally, any shortcut settings in the printer dialog that automatically duplex will prevent half-width sheets from printing. Turn off duplexing.

HP Recommended

@sunshi07

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.