Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 9800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need the latest 64 bit driver for an older HP 9800 Deskjet. Have a 4360 Officejet that does not have a print preview option.

I was told by a tech to get the 9800 driver and install. I did this awhile back and it worked.

I have a new pc now and want to do this once again.

I cant seem to download the 9800 driver, the HP download driver panel is very confusing and I dont see a driver to download.

On the older system If I knew where the 9800 drivers are located can I copy off to a usb key and install them to the new win10 system??

Help and Thanks

Sally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried this and did not see a 9800 driver listed. I did this sevearal time and the third time trying it showed up and I was able to install.

Thanks!!
Sally

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @minion22,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that need the drivers for Windows 10. I would be happy to help you. 

Run the Add a Printer Wizard from Devices and Printers and install the generic driver. Select the HP Deskjet 9800 Class Driver. If it isn't listed, click on the Windows Update button. Then searched for it again. Make sure you select the correct port.(USB connection)

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I tried this and did not see a 9800 driver listed. I did this sevearal time and the third time trying it showed up and I was able to install.

Thanks!!
Sally

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.