02-11-2019 11:52 AM
I put a piece of paper into the ADF and instantly an error came up on the screen saying that there was a paper jam. The document didn't even go through the feeder. I have tried all the reset options from the forums but when I turn the printer back on it comes up with the error and I cannot access any menu options.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
02-12-2019 06:18 PM
Thank you for joining the HP Support Community
I suggest you do a Hard Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/docum...
Restart the printer.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee