Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is it possible to access the SD card slot on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus  from my computer over my network? My printer is a wired connection to my router. I would like to copy the photos on it to a folder on my computer.

Running Win 7 Professional 64-bit.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following instructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00149194

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following instructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00149194

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks. That worked!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You are welcome. Please click accept to close this topic.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting that link. I just wanted to let you know that it worked for me as well.  I had already installed the printer as a network printer, but couldn't access the memory card reader until I followed the instructions on the link. Thank you again and,

Best Wishes,

Stephen

HP Recommended

So how does one do this on Mac OS X?

HP Recommended
And for MAC OS X users:

Load up a Finder window, then hit Command+K (or alternatively navigate to the Go menu in the menubar at the top of the screen, then select to Connect to Server...).

From there type in smb://yourprinter'sIPaddress/memory_card
e.g., smb://192.168.1.33/memory_card

Then when it asks you for a username and password, simply select Guest and continue.

A window will pop up as a drive with all of the contents of the SD Card.
HP Recommended

I just tried the a solution given and it didn't work for me. Please help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.