Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

05/06/2020 I recently upgraded to Window 10  Pro from Windows 7 PRO. (was not a FULL Windows 10 install)

Now when I try to print .pdf file  Acrobat Reader DC  I get error message "AC DC has stopped working".  .PDF file opens fine .  Printer works fine on other programs now and on .pdf files prior to Windows Upgrade..

If anyone has experience this or has some ideas I would appreciate a reply.

• I have done the TOTAL Uninstall of Printer and Drivers.
  • Reinstalled Printer and drivers--both through HP website.
  • (Checked along way to make sure everything was gone.)
  • Printer is set as Default printer.

• Then did TOTAL Uninstall through Adobe website and
  • Reinstalled program with updates per instructions. 
  • Also checked along the way to make sure everything was removed. Rebooted etc.
  • Acrobat Reader is set as default for .pdf files

Also one suggestion from Adobe Comm. was to do a "Semi-Full" or "Full Reset" on Printer.  Not sure if this would require a total new printer setup process.  Any thoughts/comments on either of these?

No solution--still get error message.

I have posted question on Adobe Community one reply but no solution.

I have discussed with Microsoft--no solution except to try use their pdf program.

If anyone has a solution to this please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did you try using Edge?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I have looked or a solution using Edge, many refer to Adobe Community. I have read most of them both on EDGE links and also on Adobe Community website.  Their issues with Adobe Stopped Working are somewhat different and any are 3-4-5 years old also not involving Windows 10. 

Please If I have missed something please let me know.

Thank You

HP Recommended

8lives

I may have misunderstood your reply/suggestion about using/trying Edge that I replied back to you a few minutes ago.

I took it as Edge browser.

In Windows 10 Settings I just changed default program for .pdf files to Microsoft EDGE. I can now print .pdf files.

Sorry I misunderstood your reply.

I would prefer to use Acrobat Reader DC if possible so still looking for solution to do so.

Thanks Again!!!!

HP Recommended

Do you have trouble printing all PDF file using Adobe Reader?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes, i have tried to print different ,pdf files and some have new .pdf created after installing Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.