2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Adding Tray 2 of my 8630 to my Printers & Devices

HP OfficeJet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the 8630 with 2 trays installed. I have white paper loaded in Tray 1 and pink paper loaded in Tray 2. It is used via my network with a static IP address.

I want to have both printers listed in my Device and Printers as list below:

HP Officejet Pro 8630 (Network) - Tray 1 (White)

HP Officejet Pro 8630 (Network) - Tray 2 (Pink)

I want to be able to be able to select which printer to use depending on a couple of different applications I use.

I tried adding the printer with all the same settings other than the default tray, but when I try to print using the HP Officejet Pro 8630 (Network) - Tray 2 (Pink) I get the following message:

Error Printing on HP Officejet Pro 8630 (Network) - Tray 2 (Pink) - The printer could not print the text page.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
Level 11
2,999 2,994 346 444
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You can't install the same printer ower network with the same IP address 2 times and make them to work as you want.

If a USB connection is an option you can install white one over a network and pink one over USB that will work.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
CarlCarShack
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So my only other option is to manually select from the printing options each time I want to use Tray 2?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,999 2,994 346 444
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, is you have only one printer installed, then you need to manually select what tray you want to use, it's 2 mouse click more.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation