5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Admin password reset HP Deskjet GT 5820

Deskjet GT5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My printer wireless were running fine before i had recently changed to new wifi router. I am unable to access the EWS on the GT5820.

1) Tried resetting the network by pressing the cancel and wifi button silmutaneosly but didn't help.

2) Tried setting up the printer through usb connect using HP Smart software but receiving unknown reason.

3) Tried to login EWS using the HP Smart, but there are no login page provided and all settings are locked.

Therefore I'm think of full factory-reset option. Can you please tell me how to do the factory-reset?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,221 11,199 762 746
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@syedarif

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

I have sent you a private message with the steps for the Semi full Reset since these steps are specific to your printer

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
syedarif
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad,

Thank you for suggesting the method.. Unfortunately the half-reset steps did not helped..I see the printer display '0' blinking for a while until it is on again. However I'm still not able to change any setting through the EWS using HP Smart (connection via usb).

I tried access the network setting on the EWS but It is locked saying that i need administrator access.. I still can't find how to login to the EWS.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,221 11,199 762 746
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@syedarif

Thanks for keeping me posted

I have sent you another private message with the next course of action

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
AlexNeuman
Level 2
18 13 0 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. Can you send me the final solution?

0 Kudos
syedarif
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually i have not able to solve the issue with my printer wifi yet.. I just gave up. i just use the primitive usb. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AlexNeuman
Level 2
18 13 0 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's too bad. I'll keep looking. Good luck!

0 Kudos
AlexNeuman
Level 2
18 13 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I may be getting a response from someone at HP soon. If I do, I'll let you know.

syedarif
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Alex,

Since you had caught my interest again to solve for my GT 5280 wireless and EWS access. I have looked around and actually found that the reset steps that provided by HP support would only reset the wireless IP setting from manual back to DHCP and removed the authentication password. It turns out my printer are still configured using the old SSID. You may want to print out the Wireless Network Test Result to confirm the setting after reset by long pressing the wireless button (3 seconds). 

I have setup a dummy wireless router to replicate my old SSID without authentication. By that way, i accessed my wireless router to find the new DHCP IP assigned to my printer and then i got to access the EWS page again. After several attempts of brute force,  i luckily remembered one of my favorite password and tried it on the printer and managed to recover my printer EWS access. Unfortunately to be honest, I don't think there is any way to reset the EWS password. None of the suggested methods by HP support able to solve my case.

If you are not able to recover your access to your printer's EWS, you will still able to utilize the Wifi Direct feature. You can take a look at this video on how to get your Wifi Direct Password.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezFpzoIXsQ

Cheers mate.

0 Kudos
AlexNeuman
Level 2
18 13 0 1
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, I did that exact same thing to regain use - not control - of the printer. I was not lucky enough to brute force the password. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation