2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Advanced Reset for my 6234 please now it is off Instant Ink

iPAD Pro
iOS

Hi, 

I  have read a number of threads on this topic and I know the community can't help :-(.

I have cancelled my Instant Ink subscription.  Factory reset the machine, cancelled Instant Ink. Closed my enrollment with Insant Ink.

My daughter wishes to use it as a non-connected printer (using wireless direct) with normal retail ink cartridges.

Can an admin please contact me  (PM) with Advanced Reset instructions on how to stop it demanding it be re-connected to Instant Ink, even with retail cartridges installed.

Thanks in advance

John

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
26,375 26,099 4,656 10,246
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Hohn,

Have you replaced all 4 ink cartridges with standard ink cartridges from any nearby retailer?

What exact error message is shown on the computer when trying to print to the printer?

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
johnparham
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This printer only had two cartridges - black and tricolour.

I have asked my daughter and she confirm she has retail cartridges in both sockets.

The message is:

"Connect printer to update HP instant ink status"

If she presses 'OK' it will print the page, but require another 'OK' press for every page.

But she won't be using instant ink, only retail cartridges.

How do we turn off this request to print normally from WiFi without having to press 'OK' on the printer each time?

Thanks in advance

John

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation