Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've the printer about 2-3 years, the cartridges that I'm using are genuine 652.

3-4 months ago I've replace the color cartridge and had no issue to print.

Now it always display the message "indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer" when trying to copy\print.

After a checkup, it seems that it's caused by the color cartridge, if I take it out I can print in B\W.

I try to follow  links in other threads with the issue, but all give 404 error.

I think it was started after a printer update, but I'm not sure.

any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Aviv-Y

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the cartridge error. 

Please try these steps to reset the printer - 

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

If the issue still persists, try cleaning the ink cartridges. Refer to page# 68 and 69 from the User Guide for steps.  

Also, try these steps to update the printer's firmware. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Asmita

thanks for the reply.

I did all the steps and no change, I've tried to clean the electric area on the cartridge and inside the printer and also no change.

Regarding to the firmware, I ran the firmware update tool from the PC and it notified that the printer is already up to date.

I've noticed that the firmware released on Nov 7, 2019 and as I said it seems that the issue started after firmware update (The printed notified me to update).

By the way, in the user guide I've noticed the following:

"Fix ink cartridge incompatible issues
The ink cartridge is not compatible with your printer. This error can occur if you install an HP Instant Ink
cartridge into a printer that has not been enrolled in the HP Instant Ink program. It can also occur if the HP
Instant Ink cartridge was previously used in a different printer enrolled in the HP Instant Ink program."

Is possible that after the firmware update it thinks that I moved the cartridge from "another printer"?!

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying @Aviv-Y

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.