Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ctiger8
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Printing getting error that the document couldn't print.

Office Jet Pro 8600 [917C51]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a new Dell computer this month and installed the HP printer drivers from the internet.  Every time I print I get an error after the document is finished that the Document erred out and couldn't be printed.  I have to go to the printer log and delete it.  Is there a way to fix this?  I have the latest version of Microsoft office loaded. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,261 23,217 1,945 3,070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Printing getting error that the document couldn't print.

@Ctiger8 There are a few steps that should help resolve the issue,

Clear the Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service:

1.Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type Services.msc 

2. Double-click Printer Spooler in the Services list.

3. Click on the Stop button and click OK.

4. Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type"%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, then delete all files in this folder.

5. Go back to services by holding down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type Services.msc again.

6. Double-click Printer Spooler in the Services list.

Click on the Start button. In the Startup Type list, make sure that Automatic is selected and click OK.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation